Sunday, May 16, 2010

An eventful weekend.

Well it sure has been an eventful weekend. On Friday my brother, Chris and his fiance, Carol, came into town and took Korbin and Abby to the zoo. It was so nice to have an afternoon to myself! I made a trip to Wal-mart and then finished sewing the bassinet bumper for Emma. I know I had all this time to myself and I chose to use it doing chores. Oh well. Then Friday night my mom came into town and she took us all to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I love Outback! Thanks Mom!
Saturday morning she brought the truck over and we cleaned out the storage unit. I forgot how much crap we had in there. Even after telling Luke we should wait to have a garage sale until after we move, I may have to change my mind and have one before. Does anyone need or want a fouton?
We then made a trip to The Donut Whole, http://www.thedonutwhole.com/, which I love!! and had a great and healthy lunch. Well I am preggo and I really wanted donuts for lunch! Then it was off to do some shopping. We saw Staci and Orlando at Babies-R-Us. They were getting some ideas for the little boy they may be adopting in the next few weeks. I really pray that it works out for them because if anyone deserves a baby it is them.
After spending an hour (max) at home, we headed out to Burgers and Beers. In case you didn't know, I work for Genesis Health Clubs. Every year on the day of the Riverfest fireworks, we host a cookout at Seneca and Douglas for the members. I agreed to work it again this year and I can honestly say that I don't know if I will do it again. This year there were no inflatables for the kids to enjoy so they had to play with chalk, hula-hoops and face painting. This is not something that is appropriate for every age level. It was also raining to make matters worse and we were not under a cover. So I got my t-shirt, ate my burger and then we came home.
Needless to say, my feet were huge by the time I got home yesterday. That combined with the fact that I was contracting pretty bad from all the walking led my night to be uncomfortable. So, today we are off to church for Graduation sunday and to vote on the new pastor and then I think we may just lounge around until we take Ruth and Steve out for their 30th anniversary tonight! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment